Happy Lunar New Year! 新年快樂

Happy lunar new year everyone! 


It is now the year of the Ram (or goat... or sheep... Subject to personal preference and opinion). Really gutted that the year of the horse is over :( it was my year!

According to my sister Lindy (who got this information from HK TV), health will not be looking great for the people who are born in the year of the horse. Damn! Is it coincidental that I began the new year with the flu?!

I've been so fit and healthy for ages :( I battled through most of the winter, working and living with a bunch of people who kept getting sick, I managed not to catch anything... Until now.... And it's pretty bad.... :( Really not happy that I fell ill during the Lunar New Year. 



So sick that I had to take a sickie from work today and work from home. Just could not bring myself to leave the door. 

Yesterday was officially the beginning of lunar new year and I started my work day by bringing in Chinese snacks and treats for my team. They all seemed to enjoy the treats and wished me a happy new year :) 

I decided to wear red for good luck XD the only decent thing I had to wear was this wine red dress, which I paired with a fluffy neck scarf. 


Dress is from choies, it is one size therefore it's not very fitted and is slightly baggy on me. 

After work, I visited China town! I love it when the strip is decorated with lanterns and other CNY gimmicks. 





I met up with my housemate and her friends for CNY dinner. Very glad they asked me. I think they knew I had no family in London ^_^ also met some new people too. 



We ate so much... Fish, chicken, char siu, crispy pork belly, garlic choi, duck... And of course, rice! 

Tonight, I will be heading up to Birmingham for a CNY party this weekend... Yes... Despite being ill. I had to because I had already booked the journey up and tickets etc. Plus, I did not want to spend CNY weekend home alone :( 

Let me know what you all got up to! Or if you don't celebrate it, what do you think of our Lunar New Year? 

I wish everyone a happy healthy and prosperous new year ^_^ 

April 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Lunar New Year! Hope you have lots of good luck regardless of what zodiac animal has bad luck this year, haha, and feel better! Love your vids & blog <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I love your blogs! You inspired me to make my own blog and I would love it if you could check it out <3
    http://loriiiblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear April, please do more posts about your life in London! I'm from Portugal and I love your style. I wish to see more about your life in that wonderful city! Kisses*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment ^o^

Popular Posts