Help me fix my accent :)




HOW NOW BROWN COW.

Today my family (espeically Tim =.=) decided to bash my accent.  I think up until now, they did not realise how bad my new accent is...as it apparently never shows up when I am with them. 

It was only until they watched my latest Vlog in Brussels, that they noticed and they were shocked! Even my brother in law who I currently live with in London said, "You sound like a London Tour guide!" - okay, I have no idea what that means but what I gathered from this discussion is that my voice decides to change pitch and tone depending who I talk to and where I'm at.

It's crazy how it happens because I honestly do not put it on. I would never make myself sound so ridiculous.  It's also amazing how it reverts back to normal when I return to Northern Ireland...as if nothing happened. MAGIC.

I personally think the Northern Ireland accent is very low and my voice itself is quite low too. When I'm in England, I find myself altering my pitch and ultimately speaking higher and more whiney!

Does this ever happen to you? Does your voice/accent change when you are in a different area/country? If so, LET ME KNOW! I do not want to be alone on this :(

My next video, I have decided to test myself - I want to speak Northern Irish again and would like your help :) Please post one sentences for me to say.

If I pick your sentence, I have one chance to say it properly :D I hope its not a tricky one, because people on instagram are already throwing difficult catch phrases =_="


Comments

  1. Hahaha........ I totally know how you feel. I'm a Chinese Malasian and when I talk to people smater than me, I tend to talk like a British/American professor. Man, my parents LOVE to tease me about it. =.= BTW, may I know your thoughts about the Tangle Teezer? My sister's hair type is just like yours (thin, fine ,and drops like crazy) and she was hoping this brush might help. I was thinking of buying this for her, but it's insanley expensive here! (I'm not kidding, with that price I'd rather buy a phone) Sorry that this is a long comment, but I really want to hear your opinion on this. : )

    PS. Love your blog post keep up the good work! \( ^ 0 ^ )/
    PPS. I like your accent, really cute and unique. Truth spoken. ^^

    Calista Gan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely :) aww thank you so much for your comment and your support! The tangleteezer is good... i still shed a lot but the brush does not tangle my hair or pull it out. i really do recommend it :) it's so small you can easily pop it into the bag when traveling! It is expensive but in the long run, it's a worthy investment ^_^ your a very loving sister!

      Delete
    2. Awww.... thanks so much for the compliment and thank you so much for the reply! I'm definitely going to buy it for my sister. I'm very happy to hear that the brush doesn't make the hair more damaged than before.
      Thanks again for your opinion, really appreciate it cause I was really hesitant to buy it.
      Looking forward to more of your blog post! Fighting~ ^ 0 ^

      Delete
  2. " Have you ever seen an elephant fly" - I think that would be pretty easy to say ^^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment ^o^

Popular Posts