Boyfriend and Brussels

My boyfriend will be visiting me for the first time since I moved to London 9 months ago! Feels so surreal that I actually moved my whole life here to work... but I know it is for the better and its to build a secure and better future for us!

My boyfriend is called Paul btw.  He a bit silly but I do love him dearly xD

A lot of people question, what took him so long to visit? I ask myself that question all the time. It's difficult for him to come over because he works in the weekends (when I am off) and his only day off, I have to work.  There really isn't a convenient time for him to visit. 

The only solution is for me to travel back to Northern Ireland for a long weekend. Then I have people ask me, does it not suck that you have to make all the effort and pay for the commute etc.  Well, yeah you could say that but I personally think it's worth it.  

My trip back home isn't ONLY for him :P I travel back frequent to visit my family who means more than a world to me.  I feel happiest when I am with them.  You could call me a  "family girl" because I would actually be lost without them.  Even though we are separated (Lindy in HK and the rest of the family in NI) I speak to them every day on whats app... I am so thankful to have such a close family and that makes me really really happy!

Anyway, slightly out of topic. All I saying is that I don't mind being the one that makes all the effort in travel because I get more out of it :) However, that's not saying I don't want him to visit.

I am SUPER excited in fact because he finally gets to see how I live in London and how busy and crazy this big city is! I have so many places I have planned for us to eat... and guess what?

I BOOKED THE EUROSTAR TO GO TO BRUSSELS :D



For those who don't know what the EuroStar is... it is basically a high-speed passenger rail service that links London with various European cities via the Channel Tunnel (Thanks Google).

I have always wanted to travel by the Eurostar, I just haven't had the chance! It probably just feels like a normal train and I am getting all hyped up for no reason...

Regardless, I am ecstatic to be visiting Brussels, it will be my first time in Belgium! Although, I have been to Amsterdam, which is only about 2 hours away. So if it is anything like Amsterdam, then I am happy because I really enjoyed it :)

Us in Amsterdam last year:





I took so many pictures in Amsterdam, it was crazy! I think it was around 700+ photos... I need to control myself on my next trip.

Do you guys like hearing about holidays? I LOVE talking about them and sharing experiences. I could post blogs about places that I have been and share my insights if you guys are interested :) If so please tell me by commenting below, or through twitter/instagram! 

Now to go to bed and try not to get too excited about Belgium :D I have already a mental itinerary planned...

Good night all!

Comments

  1. I would LOVE to hear about your holidays!! It'll be cool to see what you've seen and have you share insights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh, you should go to the Netherlands, I'd love to meet both of you! :) You seem like a cute, happily couple together. :) It's always good to show how different some cities can be like, I bet he's really excited. ;) Enjoy your time together! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love Brussels! Lucky girl :D I've been there 3 times so far. You gotta taste some Belgium waffles ^_^ they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog so so so much haha. Yea! Please share more your travel experiences with us! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That's so exciting! I'm a fan of your sisters and I'm currently living in Belgium! (Canadian living in Belgium :P) I moved out here for school! You and your boyfriend will enjoy Brussels! And if you ever get a chance, go to Mini Europe! They have miniature buildings of famous landmarks in Europe :D I'm sure you two would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about your holiday because you write very well ^_^ Eurostar looks like so much fun, there should be one in the states to take me from Cleveland to NY, lol. I am happy you got to see him ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished reading all your posts and I love them!! (: I'd love to hear about your holidays too ^^
    Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pictures are all so adorable! can't wait to read what you post next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul when are you moving to London? ����✈️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when you talk about traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your style. so cute & girly ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment ^o^

Popular Posts