Food Review: Bill's Soho, London


When I used to work in Oxford Circus, I used to always walk past this restaurant and wandered why it's always so busy! But a few weeks ago, I finally found an opportunity to visit :) My friend Ray came down from Newcastle and we needed a place to eat.

Bill's is a British restaurant situated in Soho, a popular 'hip' destination in London.


This image was taken upon arrival! Despite how busy it was, We still managed to get a table with no reservation. No waiting? What? That is an achievement for London!



Hello Menu! If you are interested, you can get a clearer view here.

As you can see, there were a lot to choose from and the price (despite being in central London) is very decent! I knew immediately what I wanted but I was torn between two... Bill's fish pie and Bill's style BBQ Pork Ribs (So weird that they both start with Bills!?)

 In the end, we decided to get both to share! 

For drinks, Ray ordered a chocolate milkshake and I ordered Bill's Pink Lemonade! I can't believe they have their own brand! The milkshake tasted good, but it's not something I would order when having a meal... especially with ribs! The pink lemonade was very sweet at first but it started to taste better as the ice deluded the concentrate :) the strawberry gave it a subtle kick too!


Some pictures of the interior:
The interior is lovely! It's very dull but that's what makes it very atmospheric :) I love the pipe deco, the black boards and also the use of candles! Although, I'm not really sure what those things hanging by the windows are. They were everywhere and i thought it looked like a huge bunches of rotting bananas! The staff were really friendly, despite it being so busy!

Me being bored and waiting for my food:

Food came!

Bill's Style BBQ Pork Ribs with SWEET POTATO FRIES! 

Bill's Fish Pie

How was it? It was AMAZING. Everything. 
I really liked my BBQ ribs because the sauce came separate. I like my ribs not too saucy so it was great that I can control the amount of BBQ sauce with my ribs. My favourite part was the sweet potato fries (which I had to pay 50p extra on top).  Sometimes sweet potato fries can be too salty or too crispy/soggy... but these were just right! I did not like the coleslaw though, it tasted bitter and not creamy enough. So i left that out! I had plenty to eat anyway.

As for the fish pie, it was very creamy, the cheesy mash was delicious and the filling inside the pie was plentiful. There was nothing to complain about.

Everything was demolished (besides the slaw). You would think we would be too full for dessert ( I was!) but no. Ray decided to order dessert and I stupidly agreed to share.

We ordered the strawberry eton mess:


Yes it does look a mess but it tasted so good T-T I had about 2-3 big bites. I just could not eat anymore. The Eton Mess wasn't too sweet and some parts were crunchy. The combination of crushed meringue and strawberries was delicious.

The bill came to roughly £47 which isn't bad considering how much we enjoyed our food.  I always thought Bill's was just a tourist restaurant and can't be that good. How wrong was I! The food, the service and the interior were top notch! :)

I would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting London.  It's suitable for a casual family/friendly dinner or for couples on a romantic date (Can I just set the record out straight that I was not on a romantic date with Ray LOL). The location is extremely easy to get to. It's 10 minutes from Oxford Circus and 5 minutes from China town.

Where?
36-44 Brewer Street, London, W1F 9TB

Opening Times
Monday - Wednesday: 8am - 11pm. Thursday - Saturday: 8am - 12am. 
Sunday (and bank holidays): 9am - 10:30pm.

Let me know if there are any restaurants you would recommend :)
Thanks for reading.


Comments

  1. Hi, April!

    I recently starting watching your videos/reading your blog posts.

    They're so well-written! I love how detailed your food reviews are. They made me so hungry. T~T I wish I lived in London just so I can try some of these things out!

    I can't wait to see more of your posts. >w<

    I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment ^o^

Popular Posts